Recent Search Keywords
Updates and Notices
- Updates and Notices
Updates and Notices
All applicants are hereby informed that there are certain individuals charging exorbitant amount of money in exchange of Appointments. Please be informed that BLS does not charge or encourage any such Fees. Applicants are advised to report any such instances to the BLS Center Supervisor or Manager.
Important notice for OCI card holder from High Commission of India
EAM's Message on Passport Seva Divas
Effective from 17/05/2019 No manual or older version online form will be accepted for passport renewal, cancellation of citizenship and PCC services
Advisory - Phone/e-mail scam by impersonation, targeting Indian nationals
1. There has been a recent spate of cases involving victims who received phone calls / e-mails from scamsters claiming to be officials of Ministry of Manpower (MOM) / Immigration and Check Points Authority (ICA) / Singapore Companies offering jobs to Indian nationals. Sometimes they also send messages claiming to be on behalf of High Commission of India (HCI), Singapore. Instances have also come to notice, where the callers fake the phone numbers of the HCI while contacting prospective victims. These impersonators would contact targeted Indian nationals to convey varying things such as:
- their immigration particulars were incorrect while entering Singapore and if money was not paid, they would be deported.
- their documentation with MOM / ICA is incorrect and need to be rectified to prevent rejection.
- they have been selected for a job in a company in Singapore, etc.
2. The victims would then be asked to transfer funds to some account, towards charges to rectify errors in their records/documentation, to legitimize their stay in Singapore or to facilitate visa and tickets for their travel to Singapore, as the case may be. Often they advise that the transfer be done immediately.
3. The High Commission, the MOM or the ICA does not call up members of public for funds transfer pertaining to any of their requirements. The public need to be alert against fake job offers and verify in advance the credentials of the company offering a job. Job offers should also invariably be got verified from known contact persons of the company concerned.
4. Members of public who receive such phone calls / e-mails should do the following:
- Ignore such demands received over phone calls/e-mails
- Completely disregard instructions through such calls/e-mails to transfer money online or via remittance agencies, banks or any other means; and
- Call the Police immediately on '999' to report such cases and also contact the High Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share the experience on scamalert.sg.
Please Note :REGARDING DEADLINE FOR CONVERSION OF PIO CARDS TO OCI CARDS
The current deadline of December 31, 2017 for conversion of PIO cards to OCI cards is fixed and will NOT be extended further.(BLS will accept such conversion applications till December 28 only).
The PIO card scheme has been withdrawn. It may also please be noted that the International Civil Aviation Organization has specified that only machine-readable travel documents would be acceptable w.e.f. October 2018. The PIO cards being handwritten documents, will become invalid travel documents w.e.f. this date. Those travelling to India on the strength of hand written PIO cards beyond October 2018, would be refused entry at the Indian Immigration counters and sent back.
All PIO card holders are, therefore, required to convert it to OCI card at the earliest. The conversion is available free of cost till December 28, 2017 only. Thereafter, request for conversion would be charged SGD 140/-, as applicable for issue of fresh OCI card.
We have received a case of victim who received phone call from number + 65 31631505 in the name of BLS International mentioning a very high amount of Visa Fees for processing Visa Application. They refer to BLS Singapore Website to gain confidence.
Crime Advisory - Phone Scam by Culprits Impersonating As High Commission Officer
Applicants are requested to ignore such calls and not to make any Visa Fee Transaction Online. If you have any queries you many please write to us on email@example.com
The new location details are as below:
India Visa Application Centre, CBD Area
India Visa Application Centre, Little India
Submission & Collection :
- Only Applicants are allowed inside the Application Center for the Submission of Applications for Passport /Visa /Consular. Please refrain from bringing friends/ colleagues/ family members or any third party who do not avail service.
- For Minor applications, the child can be accompanied by only one of the parent
- iPhysical Presence of Applicant aged 5 and above is mandatory for passport and consular submission
- Physical presence of Applicant aged 12 to 70 is mandatory for visa submission
- All fee is to be paid in cash only.
- For collection of documents and passports physical receipt is mandatory. Only applicant are allowed for collection.